Vacancy: QA, Design and Production Assistant
Simteractive is seeking a talented and enthusiastic game developer to join their team and work on their upcoming title Designer Life and future mobile games. This is a broad role encompassing QA, design and production tasks. It is a great opportunity to develop skills in a number of areas of game development. It would suit a recent graduate in game design, game development or a related area with a strong interest in mobile games. This is a permanent role with salary at graduate level.
- Game testing e.g. playing the game to find bugs, writing up bugs, regression testing
- Writing and maintaining game design documentation
- Creating and balancing match 3 levels
- Scripting e.g. implementing interactive narrative in Fungus, working with Excel config files
- Preparing builds for internal testing and for the app store
- Assisting with production e.g. taking notes at meetings, setting up tasks, managing tasks
- Assisting with other areas of game development when required e.g. preparation of analytics reports, social media, customer support, general admin.
We are looking for someone with as many of these as possible:
- A degree in game design, game development or similar
- Experience working with a game development team on a finished game
- Great communication skills and ability to work well with all disciplines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Technical skills e.g. scripting, Unity experience, experience using game tools, programming etc
- Game and level design experience
- Game testing experience
- Hard-working, focused, high degree of self-motivation and ability to solve problems independently
- A strong personal interest in creating fantastic mobile games
- Good awareness of the free-to-play mobile games market
- Fast learner and willingness to develop skills
- Eligible to work in Ireland (although we are currently working remotely)
- Great experience and opportunity for growth
- Join a small, multicultural, friendly and dedicated team
- Work on a high quality mobile game
- A good work-life balance
- A chance to join a company in a key role at a very exciting stag
How to Apply:
To apply, please email email@example.com with a cover letter and CV and your availability
Simteractive is a Dublin-based mobile game studio. Our first title was resort-building simulation game Eden Isle: Resort Paradise, now published by Reliance games. We soft-launched a resort building meets Match 3 game called Tropic Cove and we are now working on our title “Designer Life”, which is supported by the Creative Europe MEDIA programme and currently in soft launch.
We are also looking for interns for QA (Quality Assurance). If you would like to do work experience testing the game you can find out more information and apply through this form. This is unpaid work experience best suited to third level students looking for game development experience. Please note that we can only consider people who are available for at least two full weeks.